St. Thomas' Episcopal Church - A special place
Our Core Values
- The dignity and sacramental beauty of the Holy Eucharist embraces all sorts, ages, and conditions, enhanced by our best offerings of liturgical ceremony and music in the great tradition of our Anglican Faith.
- We are a diverse celebration family, recognizing that fellowship is important for nurturing and emulating Christ’s love and acceptance.
- We are proven stewards of the legacy we have received and respond with heroic gifts of time, talents, and treasure to calls for ministry and facility resources.
- Motivated by our love for Christ, we corporately and individually roll up our sleeves to reach out to Wharton County as leaders and servants.
- We provide a safe, loving, Christian environment for the nurturing of our young people and the Christian Formation of all ages.
In Outreach: That every member of St. Thomas’ is actively supporting (Stewardship) hands on ministries and other outreach efforts in Wharton County, nationally, and internationally. We support ministries to seniors, the home-bound, and our Thrift Shop. St. Thomas' sponsors an annual signature event like a Fall Harvest Festival or an Easter Carnival.
With Children and Youth: St. Thomas' children’s and youth ministry are vital, growing, exciting and fun. A program where our children and youth with their families are shepherded into opportunities to develop as disciples of Jesus. We seek out opportunities to join with other denominations, churches and educational institutions to provide a rich experience for all involved.
With Adults: There are multiple events and programs to engage adults and to connect with each other in fellowship, Bible study, and Sunday school. These programs provide opportunity to invite newcomers and neighbors to experience the Love of Christ.
In Worship: St. Thomas’ provides a traditional, corporate, Episcopal (BCP) worship experience where we unite ourselves with others to acknowledge the holiness of God, to hear God's word, to offer prayers, and to celebrate the sacraments. We are open to creative liturgies for special services or occasions.
In Growth: Through intentional efforts of invitation and incorporation of newcomers and existing members, St. Thomas’ is growing in all age groups and ethnicities. In response to this growth, improvements and additions are made to the campus.